Private Motor Insurance


What is it?

Motor insurance provides you with financial protection in the event of any road accident and protects you from liabilities that might arise from your actions while driving. Under the Road Traffic Act, motor insurance is compulsory for all vehicles that use a public highway. While this is usually taken out on a fully comprehensive basis, by law a vehicle must be covered at a minimum cover for injury to third parties.

Who needs it?

According to the Road Traffic Act, if you operate a vehicle on a public highway you must make sure that you have motor insurance in place.  Cars, vans, minibuses, lorries and special types of vehicle such as tractors and quad bikes all require motor insurance. Cover can be on a third party only, third party fire and theft or a comprehensive basis. While the type of cover you require may depend on your personal requirements, the majority of vehicles are covered on a comprehensive basis.

What having motor cover means to you?

Having a Motor policy that covers all vehicles owned by you or driven by you provides you with the peace of mind in knowing that you are acting in accordance with the law and that you are protected against any motor-related claims.